Bionix® TruGuard™ helps radiation therapy departments position and protect sensitive oral tissue with an easy to fit, custom device for head and neck external beam radiation therapy treatments. Bionix® TruGuard™ is an advanced, customizable tongue and jaw positioner. It passively positions the tongue and jaw separating sensitive healthy tissue in a reproducible way.
TruGuard also helps to improve patient care by protecting dental work from radiation helping to reduce backscatter. TruGuard™ is designed to be easily formed within the department during initial set up. It eliminates the time and hassle associated with “homemade” devices and eliminates the need to send the patient for an expensive prosthodontic.
HNRT-3500 – The Large TruGuard™ Custom Tongue and Jaw Positioner, ideal for patients with normal to large mouths.
HNRT-3501 – The NEW Standard TruGuard™ Custom Tongue and Jaw Positioner, ideal for patients with normal to small mouths.
One complete TruGuard includes the following components (Box of 5):
- Dental Tray
- Indexing Tab
- Tongue Depressor
- Thumb Fastener
- Helps protect oral cavity from backscatter radiation by sparing surrounding soft tissue
- Reproducible, passive positioning of the tongue to separate sensitive, healthy tissue
- Compatible with all thermoplastic masks
- Advanced, custom positioning aid
- Quickly created within department
- Easy to assemble, clean and store